Argus acquires Oleochem Analytics
Two companies, both with the same core principles – delivering the highest standards of market analysis based on deep industry knowledge.
The team behind Oleochem Analytics has been covering oleochemical and pine chemicals markets for decades. Focused solely on specialist markets for glycerine, fatty alcohols, fatty acids and pine, they have an unparalleled depth of market knowledge.
This expertise has now been combined with Argus’ global reach and breadth of coverage in related chemicals, biofuels and agriculture markets. Together we offer the most comprehensive, robust and transparent pricing and analysis across the full breadth of advanced hydrocarbon and chemical markets.
We are now feeding Argus’ wealth of data, knowledge and experience across these interlinked markets into the Oleochemical Analytics engine. The outcome is an enhanced service offering a wider and deeper understanding of market, industry, and regulatory developments across the supply chain, including analysis of feedstock supply, demand fundamentals, price drivers, and legislative developments.
Argus operates to the highest editorial standards. All our price reporting activities are underlined by rigorous control frameworks which adhere to the IOSCO principles for price reporting agencies. The methodologies underpinning Oleochem Analytics share the same guiding principles. Our goal is to ensure market transparency and freedom from bias through the integrity of our market reporting. Crucially, you can have confidence in the information you are using to make important decisions daily.
Key customer benefits
- Improved service — the specialist market knowledge of Oleochem Analytics combined with the global expertise and resource of Argus mean higher quality, more relevant information.
- Keeping pace with market evolution — as the complex renewable chemical markets continue to develop, our price assessments and market commentary will adapt and evolve to meet the needs of a changing industry.
- Integrated insight across the supply chain — the intelligence we provide incorporates the most relevant and timely insight across diverse feedstock markets.
- Confident decision making — having access to data and insight you trust is central to making well-informed decisions.
- A robust and consistent methodology — ensures the prices we publish are relevant and reliable, with consistent rationales into how each price was assessed.