ARGUS International Coal Forward Curves
The Argus International Coal Forward Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool used to support investment and trading decisions in the US, European and Asia-Pacific coal markets.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need the most accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are built using unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted fair market values. You can trust Argus' forward curves to provide deep market insights and data to allow precision in your risk management and bottom line.
- fob Baltic
- fob Bolivar
- fob Richards Bay (NAR 5,500 kcal/kg)
- fob Indonesia (GAR 5,800 kcal/kg)
- fob Indonesia (GAR 5,000 kcal/kg)
- fob Vostochny (NAR 6,000 kcal/kg)
- cfr India (NAR 5,500 kcal/kg)
- fob China domestic (NAR 5,500 kcal/kg)
- Powder River basin UP and BNSF Converse/Campbell fob mine (8,800 Btu/lb, 0.8 lb SO₂/mmBtu)
- Illinois basin, Illinois/Indiana, fob mine (11,500 Btu/lb, 5 lb SO₂/mmBtu)
- Daily assessments provided in monthly granularity, calendars and quarters
- 60 forward months, fixed price and mid-points provided
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Your choice of delivery options: Data feed, our third-party partners or email
How clients use our data
We provide a proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Independent evaluations
- Mark-to-market (MTM) validation
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Risk disaggregation
- In-house forward positions validation
Customers that benefit
The Argus International Coal Forward Curves service is essential for anyone exposed to coal or power markets. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties and internal valuations.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.