Security of Supply |Trading Routes | Small Scale Demand
- Morning registration and coffee
- Chairperson’s opening remarks Christian Rakos - CEO, proPellets Austria
- Brainstorm morning exercise
Exploring the global premium pellet landscape – supply and demand dynamics
- Keynote speech: Understanding the changing supply and demand landscape James Behan - Director, Peltrade
- Exploring developments in key regions including Spain, France and Sweden
- How has unfavourable weather impacted the supply of premium pellets in Europe?
- Exploring the trading and supply market in Russia and eastern Europe
- Do we see new industries increasing demand for pellets?
- How does the premium market differ from the industrial market?
- An SME perspective: New demand for premium pellets from small to medium sized boilers Tom Cullen - Lead Project Manager, Renewable Energy Investment Programme, National Trust
- How new regulations are incentivising domestic and commercial markets
- Assessing new demand for smaller installation units
- What new entrants are on the market and where will demand come from?
- Addressing the impact of supply and demand dynamics on pricing Filippo Valdata - Trader, Pellet MyFire
- How has the increase in price impacted players in the residential market?
- Understanding how much liquidity and flexibility is in the market
- How have prices risen because of difficulties securing material in Europe?
- Morning coffee and networking
Security of feedstock and access to supply
- Exploring the outlook for raw material and competition from pulp and paper demand Hugues de Cherisey - General Secretary, SNPGB
- Understanding how the level of demand from pulp and paper is impacting pellet production
- Understanding current trade flows of raw material
- Addressing price volatility for materials and how the premium pellet market can compete
- Keynote panel discussion: Overcoming the challenge of feedstock availability to improve security of supply proPellets Austria, Peltrade, Ekman, CM Biomass
- What are the main challenges stemming from the lack of fibre availability?
- How can the industry improve the accessibility of biomass feedstock?
- Which regions are increasing their export potential to meet demand?
- Wood from which new sources can make economic sense to process?
- How are companies looking to improve infrastructure to meet demand?
- Which e-commerce platforms are helping with the distribution of pellets?
- What are the key logistical challenges between borders?
Christian Rakos, CEO, proPellets Austria
James Behan, Director, Peltrade
Arnold Dale, Vice-President, Bioenergy, Ekman
Michael Christensen, Director, CM Biomass
- Networking lunch
- Speaker interview: Moving into the biomass market from a coal trader’s perspective Valerio Borgia - Senior Trader, FLAME
- Where do you see growth potential within the industry?
- What hurdles do you expect to cross in regards to competitiveness?
- How can coal traders aid the development of the biomass market?
- A focus on the US pellet market Seth Walker - Senior Economist and Director of Business Development, FutureMetrics
- Beyond transition: how to support biomass’s place in the long-term energy mix Adam Brown - Author of the Bioenergy Strategy, REA
- What’s the state of play of the biomass market?
- How crucial biomass is in the long-term energy mix
- Understanding how sustainability could impact stocks and the market
The financial landscape
- Exploring the financial landscape to boost pellet production to meet supply Justinas Milašauskas - Senior Vice President, DAO Family
- Investing in new units to increase pellet production
- How will the increase in pellet production in the Baltics affect supply?
- How much will be exported compared with used domestically?
- Afternoon coffee and networking
Roundtable 1: Future sector developments: Ideas from the whole value chain
Led by: Arnold Dale, Vice-President, Bioenergy, Ekman
Roundtable 2: The UK’s greenhouse gas (GHG) targets and decarbonisation for heat
Led by: Matteo Favero, Responsible for ENplus® and ariaPulita® Certifications, AIEL
Roundtable 3: EU incentives encourage market growth: Exploring regulations across Europe
- Roundtable leader’s closing remarks
- Chairperson’s closing remarks Christian Rakos - CEO, proPellets Austria
- Close of premium pellet focus day