Countdown to IMO 2020 - Bringing clarity to an uncertain market
The shipping industry will undergo a huge change in its use of fuel from 1 January 2020, as the International Maritime Organisation’s tighter sulphur cap comes into force, dictating the use of compliant fuel or abatement technologies.
With the deadline approaching fast, join the inaugural Argus Bunker Fuels 2019 conference, taking place on 26-28 March in Algeciras, Spain, to track the latest market trends and shape your strategy.
The strategic location of the Bay of Algeciras Port, adjacent to the strait of Gibraltar, makes it an exceptional enclave for bunkering operations in anchoring and docking. More than 100,000 vessels sail annually and more than 1,300 hectares are suitable for mooring and offer exceptional shelter conditions
Network with market leaders to benefit from high-level dialogue, knowledge sharing, exclusive networking opportunities and business development potential.
Book now to save €200 with your early bird discount
Gain strategic perspectives from industry experts, including:
Shipowners and ship operators:
- Klaus S. Stamp, Head of Bunkers, Bunkers Department, NORDEN
- Claus Kesting, General Manager - Bunker Procurement, J. Lauritzen
- Poul Woodall, Director - Environment & Sustainability, DFDS
- Alberto Martínez-Lacaci, Vice-President, Marine Fuel, Cepsa
- Senior representative, Repsol
- Senior representative, Peninsula Petroleum
- Hari Dattatreya, Global Oil Director, Vopak
- Giuseppe Gibin, Head of Business Development, Saras Trading
- José Luis Hormaechea Escós, Managing Director, Algeciras Bay Port Authority
- John Ghio, Deputy Captain, Gibraltar Port Authority
- Jesus Otero, Chief Executive Officer, Europea Group
Innovative solutions providers:
- Ingo Knudsen, Business Development Manager, Marine Flow Solutions, Endress+Hauser
Join market leaders to benefit from high-level dialogue and business development potential at the only conference that brings together the ports in the Gibraltar strait.
Why you should attend
Aimed at shipowners, managers and operators, the inaugural Argus Bunker Fuels 2019 is the only conference that brings together the ports in the Gibraltar strait and clients to discuss the availability of different fuel options within the region, changing demand, refinery economics, the importance of shipowners' fuel management programmes, fuel testing, and the latest innovations in technology solutions available for shipowners, operators and managers. This is your unique opportunity to obtain strategic intelligence on the regional bunker fuels business from your clients and peers.
- The impact and fallout of IMO 2020 - Illegal bunkering operations; the effect of legal and financial cases on shipping and bunker sectors
- Shipowners’ session - Strategy of major shipowners for 2020 compliance
- Port authorities’ session - Port infrastructure and bunkering solutions
- LNG as a marine fuel
- Supplier’s perspective post-2020 - What shall we expect on bunker availability and demand in the region?
- Marine scrubber manufacturers’ session - Are you ready for the heat?
- Marine and energy insurer’s perspective - 2020 non-compliance, duty of disclosure and potential loss of cover
- The outlook for alternative fuels and on-board abatement - Advantages and disadvantages
- Fuel quality - Effects and implications for engines
- Contamination and blending challenges
- Container shipping perspective - Spot rates vs contract rates - Which freight rates are best for your business in the run-up to IMO 2020?
Plus! Join the interactive navigating IMO 2020 workshop, 26 March 2019, to learn about the different scenarios facing the industry to become compliant and what that means for the crude market as 2020 nears