- 12:00 CEST
- 13:00 CEST
- Opening panel: Latest developments in European gasoline markets
- Overview of current market dynamics and recent developments
- Trade flows within Europe and key export markets
- Supply and demand dynamics of oxy- and premium non-oxy gasoline
- Post-Covid recovery and demand impact
- 13:15 CEST
- 14:15 CEST
- Europe roundtable – How can European refineries compete with emerging suppliers for traditional and new export markets? Gergely Tóth - Fuel Quality & Portfolio Management, MOL
- 15:30 CEST
- 16:30 CEST
- Keynote panel: Assessing the global landscape for gasoline trade - Argus and IEA
- Examining global gasoline trade flows and new and evolving routes
- Shifting demand dynamics in a post-Covid environment
- Refining capacity, economics and adapting for survival
- How are traditional suppliers competing with new exporters?
- Assessing the different regional impacts and responses
- How can regions stay competitive? Can they adapt and evolve?
Moderated by: David Fyfe, Chief Economist, Argus
Christophe Barret, Senior Oil Analyst, International Energy Agency
- 16:45 CEST
- 17:15 CEST
- Gasoline demand outlook - Recover or evolve? Neil Watt - Crude and Refined Products Strategist, BB Energy
- Evolution of behavioural and market dynamics
- Potential for long term post-Covid structural changes to demand
- Regulatory factors interacting with future demand dynamics
- Challenges from alternative fuels
- 17:15 CEST
- 18:15 CEST
- Market dynamics for blending components and implications for the gasoline blending pool
- What are the main gasoline blending components and how will demand for each shift in the coming years?
- How will changes in gasoline demand impact on naphtha and petrochemical markets?
- How will EPA rule changes increase the demand for reformates and naphtha?
- Demand for blending with Ethanol, ETBE, MTBE to meet renewable fuels mandates
- What are the implications for the petrochemicals market?
- 19:15 CEST
- 20:15 CEST
- US roundtable - To what extent has Covid-19 been an amplifier of existing pressures and accelerator of trends for the gasoline market?
- 10:00 CEST
- 11:00 CEST
- Asia focus: Current trends, refining dynamics and future demand
- An overview of regional gasoline trade flows and the key demand centres
- Assessing current refining capacity and the potential of “super refineries” to adapt to the challenges of changing demand
- Which regional or international markets can absorb excess supply from China?
- How is Asia gearing up towards a broader energy transition to more environmental fuels and electric vehicles?
- 12:30 CEST
- 13:30 CEST
- The importance of the African gasoline market: Demand drivers and local production trends - African Refiners & Distributors Association (ARDA) and Chase Petroleum Ghana
- Spec changes and trade opportunities in West Africa
- Is the region’s demand growth sufficient to absorb global excess supply?
- Refining capacity developments and future expansion plans
- Assessing the demand for transportation fuels in Nigeria
- New capacity coming online and policy reforms
Anibor Kragha, Executive Secretary, African Refiners & Distributors Association (ARDA)
Emmanuel Kotei, Head of Operations, Chase Petroleum Ghana
- 14:30 CEST
- 15:30 CEST
- Europe’s energy transition: The increasing importance of blending biocomponents, including alternatives to ethanol - Shell Global Solutions and Essar Oil
- What are the implications of European legislation for different market players?
- Blending biocomponents with gasoline – characteristics, advantages and demand for certain blends
- Other than ethanol, what biocomponents will have the biggest impact in the gasoline blending pool?
- A refiner's perspective on the challenges and opportunities of blending with biocomponents
Dr. Andreas Kolbeck, Technology Expert, Shell Global Solutions
Deian Lloyd-Hughes, Product Trader, Essar Oil
- 15:45 CEST
- 16:45 CEST
- Understanding the rise of alternative fuels and the future role of gasoline in the fuel mix - Future Fuels Strategies and ePURE
- What global mandates and new regulations do we see coming into force in the next two years?
- Will consumption of transportation fuels ever return to pre-Covid levels?
- Exploring the likely impact of environmental legislation on the gasoline industry
- To what extent will alternative fuels displace gasoline in the coming years?
Tammy Klein, Principal, Future Fuels Strategies
Maxime Vion--Saint-Supéry, Technical & Regulatory Affairs Manager, ePURE
- 17:00 CEST
- 18:00 CEST
- US gasoline market: Shifting trade flows and the impact of spec changes and environmental pressures
- Assessing US trade flows, pricing and trends for gasoline trading
- The impact of Covid, harsh weather and demand shifts on the Atlantic basin refining sector
- Intensifying competition as North America exports continue to challenge traditional suppliers
- Developments in aromatics testing requirements and price implications
- The importance of demand from export markets, particularly Latin America to US suppliers
- 18:15 CEST
- 19:15 CEST
- Compliance with US regulations and environmental credit systems and implications for the market - Energy Information Administration (EIA) and EPRINC
- How will regulations such as U.S. Renewable Fuel Standard affect gasoline demand?
- Will environmental policies affecting fuel markets expand under the Biden administration?
- An overview of the US environmental credit systems including benzene and sulphur
- Assessing developments in national fuel and vehicle restrictions
- How will changes in US fuel specifications impact on the movement of reformulated fuels?
Sean Hill, Industry Economist, Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Max Pyziur, Director - Downstream, Transportation Fuels, & Natural Gas Projects, EPRINC
- 21:00 CEST
- 22:00 CEST
- Latin America focus: Do all roads lead to Latin America? - Ministry of Mines and Energy and Raízen
- Will US gulf coast exports continue to dominate the Latin American market?
- Who else might emerge as suppliers to this market?
- How will demand recover post-COVID in the region?
- Evolving transportation fuel demand in Brazil – growth in alternative fuels
- How will regulatory developments and structural market changes in Mexico impact on gasoline imports?
- How does COVID-19 affect a new landscape for the refinery sector?
Moderated by: Clayton Melo, Brazil Country Manager, Argus
Pietro Mendes, Biofuels Director, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Brazil
Leonardo Ferreira, Head Trader, Oil Products, Raízen
- 22:15 CEST
- 22:35 CEST
- Capstone conversations - Argus
Join this live closing session as the moderators reflect on the day’s proceedings and share their key takeaways from the overall event.
- 22:45 CEST
- 23:45 CEST
- Round table discussion A deep dive into the US regulatory requirements and implications for market participants