Supply & demand | Trading | Pricing
- Morning registration and refreshments
- Chairperson’s opening address
Key strategies to drive growth in the chemical market
- Keynote speech: Maintaining competitiveness in the energy transition
- Understanding the importance of increasing flexibility to stay ahead
- Creating a feedstock advantage in Europe
- How to position your business for future trade flows and opportunities
- Finding innovative ways to add value including circular economy and digitalisation
- Tackling challenges in regard to plastic and chemical waste
- Keynote speech: Assessing the changing petrochemical landscape in the Middle East Ahmad Al-Ohali - CEO and Vice Chairman, Sipchem
- Reviewing the current chemical landscape and new capacity on stream
- An outlook on integration strategies to improve operational efficiencies
- Where will the new manufacturing products go?
- Middle East perspective: how Europe and Asia are viewed as new supply markets
Global supply demand balances
- Keynote panel discussion: Exploring the future of the global chemical supply demand landscape – where will new opportunities emerge? - Shell Chemicals, Sipchem, Argus, Indian Oil Corporation
The panel of expert speakers will explore new capacity and growth in Europe, the US, the Middle East and Asia, and explore future trading routes. Raise your questions to global experts and learn new business opportunities.
- What does the current global supply and demand landscape look like?
- Will the demand for lighter feedstocks stay high in Europe?
- What amount of propylene can we expect out of the US in the next 1-2 years?
- How is Europe preparing security of supply during cracker turnaround?
- Where will Asian companies look for new supply?
- How will Chinese demand impact exports to Europe?
- How do the current petrochemical prices impact export supply?
- Benzene market: for how long can we expect long markets?
- How can trade tariffs impact trading trends and balances?
- What are the trends towards on-purpose propylene production?
Andy Nicholson, Vice President, Petrochemicals, Argus
Ahmad Al-Ohali, CEO, Sipchem
Mathew George, General Manger, Petrochemical Sales, Indian Oil Corporation
Nick Osborne, Global Strategy Manager, Base Chemicals, Shell Chemicals
- Speed networking activity
- Morning coffee and networking
- Moving towards lighter ethane cracking and the impact on Europe’s value chains Sarah Rae - Vice-President, Olefins Europe, Argus
- Exploring the move towards diversification and the creation of new value chains
- Should companies expect a shortage of supply?
- How is the increase in ethylene on the market currently impacting propylene business?
- Assessing the trends of the derivatives market and the C3, C4 value chains
- Assessing Europe’s spot market: Will liquidity recover? Andy Nicholson - Vice President, Petrochemicals, Argus
- Exploring current prices of feedstock including LPG and naphtha
- Understanding the risk in investing in transporting products from the US
- How is the price of polymers pressuring an increase in imports?
- Chairperson’s closing remarks
- Networking drinks reception
Join your peers for an evening of relaxed networking
- Close of conference day one
Investments | Logistics & Infrastructure | Recycling
- Morning coffee and networking
- Chairperson’s opening speech
Global investment strategies to improve competitiveness
- Producer's viewpoints on propylene availability and new on purpose supply in Europe Suzy Smedts - Commercial Manager, Feedstock & Cracker Products, Borealis
- Supporting the increase of propylene demand from various derivatives supporting sustainable solutions
- Time line for new investments in propylene and derivatives
- Exploring trends towards on purpose production (e.g. PDH) in EU and globally
- Some new production in EU despite increasing circular economy and plastic recycling
- Borealis view and efforts in plastic recycling and stopping the tap to ocean plastic littering
- Case study: Reviewing new investments and capacity in North Africa focusing on Egypt and changes in the supply market Ihab Yahia Abdel-Kader - Marketing Research Department Head, SIDPEC
- Forecasting how much new supply will be in the market and where this will be absorbed
- Which feedstocks and polymers will be exported?
- Increasing exports and infrastructure available to transport globally
- Morning coffee and networking
- China: Exploring new projects and future business in the ethane and propane market
- How companies are integrating facilities to improve operations
- What new projects are on the horizon and how this will fit in the global balance?
- Looking at new investments in storage and infrastructure
- Increasing ethylene capacity
- New regulations in shipping and the impact degassing has on transport
- Understanding safe operating procedures and risk assessments
- Improving ventilation and cleaning time to increase efficiencies
- How to combine possible cargos from same product
Logistics and infrastructure investments
- An outlook on the current shipping landscape and logistical challenges Nicola Williams - Analyst, Clarksons
- Assessing petrochemical gas freight trends
- Challenges facing the industry – Rhine water levels and the potential knock on effects on the petrochemical gas market and shipping logistics
- IMO 2020 and implications for freight
- Taking an integrated approach to infrastructure and logistics
- Improving the customer experience and reducing overall costs
- Creating a dedication solution including tanks, pipelines and loading/unloading
- Looking at innovative ways to tailor products to customer requirements
- How the storage landscape is equipped for an expanding global market
- What capacity is available for companies looking to increase storage at the port?
- How is the European energy transition affecting demand for storage of petrochemicals?
- Identifying niche markets for storage including renewables and waste products
- Networking lunch
The continued movement towards recycling and sustainability
- Improving the circular economy by generating higher value of goods for supply Norbert Niessner - Director Global R&D/IP, INEOS Styrolution Group
- Maintaining the value of products across the whole supply chain
- Exploring the use of fossil resources for sustainability and understanding its direct impact
- Implementing a waste management strategy
- What new legislation is in place to improve sustainability?
- Looking ahead at bio-based products - when will this be an alternative?
- Panel discussion: The rise of chemical recycling and practical steps forward - INEOS Styrolution, Arkema
- What practical steps have already been taken to chemical and plastic recycling?
- What experience do we have so far with PET recycling?
- How will the Chinese ban on imported PET waste impact the European market?
- How can companies optimise existing technologies for different treatments?
- What new regulations will drive technological development to support R&D and innovation?
- How can recycled material be cost competitive?
- How can the industry roll out to different plastics that are more difficult to recycle?
- What are the new trends with grades?
- What technologies are available to maintain the performance of recycled PP as non-recycled PP?
Norbert Niessner, Director Global R&D/IP, INEOS Styrolution Group
Jean-Luc Dubois, Scientific Director, Arkema
- Investigating M&A in the market and the impact on the supply chain
- Combining expertise and integrated businesses networks efficiently
- Rationalising the supply chain to optimise costs
- Innovating and assessing best practice during mergers
- World cafe roundtables
Roundtable 1: Cluster competitiveness
Roundtable 2: Exploring the current storage landscape
Roundtable 3: Chemical recycling
- Roundtable conclusions
- Chairperson's closing remarks
- Close of conference