ARGUS Caspian Markets
The Argus Caspian Markets service includes a weekly report on the crude and oil products markets of the Caspian region and central Asia.
Our publication features price assessments for key crudes and oil products in the region, freight rates and export destinations, as well as news and analysis of crude and oil products markets. The report is available in Russian and English.
The Argus Caspian Markets service uses Argus’ proprietary methodology to calculate comparable market prices for exports of Kazakh crude and oil products.
- Crude and oil products markets of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan
- Border prices for products imported to Kyrgyzstan (cpt Lugovaya ), Tajikistan (cpt Kudukli), Afghanistan (daf Ghalaba/Khairatan)
- Bunker fuel prices at the Caspian ports of Baku (Azerbaijan) and Aktau (Kazakhstan) on a fob basis
- Gasoline and diesel in Kazakhstan
- Product prices in Uzbekistan
- Bitumen in Kazakhstan’s domestic market
- Crude cargoes delivered to the Atyrau refinery for third-party processing
- Product yields at Kazakh refineries
- Changes in fuel stockpiles at Kazakh oil terminals
- Transportation and associated costs for crude exports from Kazakhstan
- Taxes, excise duties and other charges for fuel shipments to central Asia and the South Caucasus
- Price assessments for motor fuels in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, results of exchange trading in Turkmenistan, price differentials for fuel cargoes shipped to Georgia and Armenia
- Weekly price assessment for Alashankou Blend crude shipped to China (daf Alashankou)
- Prices for bunker fuel on a fob Baku and fob Aktau basis
- Kazakh domestic prices for bitumen
- Historical data from 2008
Customers that benefit
The Argus Caspian Markets service is the authoritative source for anyone with exposure to crude and oil product prices in the Caspian and central Asian region. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Customs authorities in Tajikistan use the information provided in the report to assess customs duties on imports of oil products.
- State agencies in Turkmenistan use our data to price exports of crude, oil products, LPG and petrochemicals.
- Traders, transportation companies, oil producers and refiners use our price assessment in tolling contracts.
- Marketing experts, consultants and auditors use the information contained in the report for reporting, market research and forecasting.
+7 495 933 75 71