The Argus Ammonia service is your reliable and proven source for global ammonia market intelligence, providing independent, highly accurate daily and weekly price assessments and essential coverage of the latest deals and market moving news.
The service enables market participants to make informed business decisions by delivering up-to-date intelligence on international trade in ammonia, insightful commentary and timely coverage of global market developments and consequent price movements. The service includes over 20 price assessments and 15 freight assessments.
The spot and contract prices provided by our global dedicated team of experts also serve as inputs for cash-settled fertilizer swaps via the Fertilizer Index.
New: Daily price assessments
Following deep consultation with the market and rigorous work within the Argus global editorial team, an exciting new initiative to deliver daily ammonia price assessments is now included as part of the Argus Ammonia service. This daily publication — Argus Ammonia Daily — offers unique benefits, including:
Greater certainty: Increased price frequency gives you immediate clarity for volatile markets.
Lower risk: Additional data points ensure your business calculations are more robust.
Smarter outcomes: Daily data powers the most sophisticated data analysis and algorithmic trading tools.
Confident approach: We give you access to the largest editorial team with the greatest geographical reach and most rigorous methodological adherence.
The daily sulphur prices assessed are: East Asia cfr (excl Taiwan) | Middle East fob
- Key price indicators for major exporting and importing regions
- Regular news, commentary and analysis from our teams based in all regions across the world
- Forward-looking analysis including a 30 to 60-day outlook
- Key gas prices that determine the floor price for ammonia
- Updates on production rates and plant shutdowns
- Ammonia freight trends
- Green ammonia news, project developments and data
- Market-appropriate methodology
- Key export and import data, and analysis of stock levels in key markets
- Extensive use of graphics, maps and visuals to help digest key information
Argus proprietary datasets
- Indian ammonia imports
- Indonesia ammonia export line up
- Middle East ammonia exports
- Pivdenny ammonia supply outlook
- Turkey ammonia imports
- China ammonia imports
- Algeria ammonia exports
- Spot ammonia sales
- Trinidad and Tobago export line up
- Morocco ammonia imports
- Green ammonia project and vessel tracker
Benefits of choosing Argus
- Robust methodology providing fair and accurate pricing information
- Compliance and auditing to ensure reliability (externally through PWC)
- Global editorial coverage, with reporters on the ground in key markets, the US, Russia, Brazil, India, southeast Asia, China and more
Customers that benefit
Subscribers to the Argus Ammonia service include:
Fertilizer and ammonia producers, trading companies and investment banks, as well as industrial users of ammonia such as ACN, caprolactam and mining-grade AN.
Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Producers and traders leverage Argus’ pricing in the processing and procurement of raw materials and blending. Trading firms involved in the buying and selling of fertilizers use our price assessments when carrying out trades and contracts. Our assessments provide domestic and international businesses with pricing and supply intelligence.
- Banks leverage Argus’ pricing and analysis as they provide financing to businesses supporting the advancement of the agri-business.