ARGUS NGL Americas Forward Curves
The Argus NGL Americas Forward Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions in NGL markets across North America.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need the most accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are created from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. The service provides deep market insights and data to support precision in your risk management and bottom line.
Webinar: Global LPG Markets – Pricing trends, supply, demand and the impact of the Ukraine conflict
Join Argus’ global team of LPG experts as they explore the the latest developments in LPG fundamentals and prices in key markets, and the impact of the Ukraine conflict on LPG.
Click here to watch the webinar on-demand now
Argus covers 20 major NGLs at major North American hubs, including:
- Mont Belvieu
Argus includes three futures contracts: CME Henry Hub (NG) Natural Gas, (CL) Light Sweet Crude oil (WTI) and RBOB Gasoline (RB) futures contracts.
- Daily assessments for 20 NGL markets
- Data for prompt year and three years forward
- Time-stamped at 2:30pm EST, to align with the daily Nymex settlement
- Basis differentials to CME Nymex Henry Hub (NG)
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Delivery options include: Email, data feed and third-party delivery partners
How clients use our data
We provide a proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Independent evaluations
- Mark-to-market (MTM) validation
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Risk disaggregation
- In-house forward positions validation
Customers that benefit
The Argus NGL Americas Forward Curves service are essential for anyone with exposure to North American NGLs. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- NGL marketers use our data to validate prices encountered in a number of NGLs markets.
- Petrochemical plant feedstock buyers use our data to decide their feedstock selection.
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties, internal valuations, and mark-to-market purposes for daily profit–and-loss assessments.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.