ARGUS European Electricity
From breaking news to discerning market insight and concise data charts, the Argus European Electricity service has your daily service to the electricity markets in Europe covered.
At Argus, we understand the importance of accurate reporting and detailed insight, so we verify every piece of information when our reporters speak to industry participants. You can trust our well-informed analysis and view how we assess our power prices in our transparent methodology.
How can you benefit from a subscription to the Argus European Electricity service?
- Unbiased market commentary provides clarity for trading
- Stay ahead of unfolding events with Argus news alerts
- Trade confidently with transparent prices
- Get the complete picture of market trends by custom-building comparative price charts with historical data
- Czech Republic
- Renewable power
- Spark spreads
- Market commentary filtered by European country
- Daily over-the-counter (OTC) assessments for Europe
- Volume-weighted, transaction-based indexes
- Price charts and European exchange data
- Intra-day market commentary
- More than 30 downloadable data files including EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) trading volumes, European operational power plants and power plant closures
Customers that benefit
The Argus European Electricity service is essential reading to ensure you stay informed about market movements, trends and developments across Europe’s power markets. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Analysts use Argus to look at the fundamentals of supply and demand in the power market, including the data and downloads feature with information on installed capacities, new plant projects, plant closures and interconnector projects.
- Power producers use Argus indexes to settle spot and long-term sales contracts. The data is used to help them understand forthcoming trends so that they can follow good business practice.
- Utilities need knowledge of long-term trends so that they can effectively manage their energy supply and demand. Argus is a reliable source for market trend analysis and as a basis for independent research.
- Risk departments use Argus to manage exposure, trading books and leverage.
- Government officials and regulators use Argus prices for market analysis and our news service to ensure that they are up to date on changes in European regulation and market practice.