ARGUS North American Hourly Electricity Forward Curves
The Argus North American Hourly Electricity Forward Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool used to support investment and trading decisions in power markets across North America.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need the most accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are created from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. You can trust Argus' forward curves to provide deep market insights and data to support precision in your risk management and bottom line.
We cover daily assessments of electricity hourly curves at more than 35 locations in North America, including:
- Daily assessments provided in monthly granularity
- 2-year forward curves, and balance of the month
- Forward price curves for standard On Peak, Round-the-Clock (RTC), nights and weekends forward contracts
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Your choice of delivery options: Data feed, our third-party partners or email
How clients use our data
We provide a proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Independent evaluations
- Mark-to-market (MTM) validation
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Risk disaggregation
- In-house forward positions validation
Customers that benefit
The Argus North American Hourly Electricity Forward Curves service is essential for anyone with exposure to North American power markets. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties and internal valuations.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.
- Retail electricity providers involved in creating new retail energy use our forward curves to structure time-of-use plans such as free nights and weekends.