The Argus Nitrogen service is the industry’s most comprehensive resource for immediate, uninterrupted nitrogen market intelligence. Our global service provides daily and weekly price assessments, as well as actionable insight on key market developments, spot deals, international trade, market commentary and real-time market news. You can access all the content, prices and downloadable market data via our online platform, Argus Direct, our email service and our mobile apps.
New: Daily price assessments
Following deep consultation with the market and rigorous work within the Argus global editorial team, an exciting new initiative to deliver daily price assessments is now included as part of the Argus Nitrogen service. This daily publication — Argus Nitrogen Daily — offers unique benefits, including:
- Greater certainty: Increased price frequency gives you immediate clarity for volatile markets
- Lower risk: Additional data points ensure your business calculations are more robust.
- Smarter outcomes: Daily data powers the most sophisticated data analysis and algorithmic trading tools.
- Confident approach: We give you the largest editorial team with the greatest geographical reach and most rigorous methodological adherence.
The daily prices assessed are: Prilled: China fob; Granular: Egypt fob; Brazil cfr; and Nola (US Gulf) fob $/st.
Weekly price assessment
A comprehensive weekly publication with regular news updates is provided as part of the service. The report includes price assessments for all the key nitrogen products in export and destination markets.
- Prilled urea (including Baltic fob and China fob)
- Granular urea (including Middle East fob; Egypt fob; Nola (US Gulf) fob $/st; and Brazil cfr)
- Ammonium sulphate (including China fob capro grade and Brazil cfr capro grade)
- Ammonium nitrate (including Baltic fob)
- UAN (including Black Sea fob)
- Regular news and analysis from our teams based in all regions across the world
- Spot price comparison, freight economics, arbitrage opportunity analyses
- Natural gas prices (Henry Hub and TTF month ahead)
- Summary of key deals for the week
- Producer commitment analysis
- A forward 30- to 60-day outlook
- Key export and import data, and analysis of stock levels in key markets
- Downloadable market data, including European urea imports, India urea tenders, US UAN imports and exports and US ammonium sulphate imports and exports:
- Spot nitrogen deals
- Deliveries to key consumption ports
- Vessel line-ups
- Historic trade data
Customers that benefit
Argus Nitrogen subscribers include, but are not limited to: fertilizer producers, trading companies, importers and distributors, buying agencies, financial institutions, logistics companies, co-operatives, government agencies and agronomists around the world.
Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Producers and suppliers leverage Argus fertilizer for transfer pricing and to index contracts for the processing, procurement and selling of raw materials and finished products.
- Traders use our intelligence to identify arbitrage opportunities and to negotiate and carry out deals and contracts.
- Procurement teams manage their plans and analyse past performance with our insight.
- Industry analysts create robust analysis of a firm’s competitive landscape, revenue performance and possible investment analysis.
- Governments use our price assessments for benchmarking, taxation and valuation processes.
- Financial institutions leverage our fertilizer pricing and analysis to support financing processes for agri-businesses, manufacturers and independent investment projects.
- Wholesalers sell large quantities of fertilizers to farmers and retail outlets, and depend on our price assessments and market data, including transportation and logistical information.
- Co-ops and retailers rely on our fertilizer pricing and market assessments for price negotiations in the distribution of products through domestic retail outlets.