ARGUS Specialty Wire and Cable
The speciality cable market is where commodity cable manufacturers generate higher prices and profits by tailoring their product offering to the specific needs of clients in a particular industry, from offering improved tensile strength and weather resistance in the port cranes segment to abrasion resistant trailing cable in the mining industry. The Argus market definition is: all types of cable that are produced for a specific end-use, including those that are specially created in custom runs for a particular end-use customer.
Argus has been reporting on the speciality cable market for 15 years: this is the 4th edition of the report. Each time we test and refine our assumptions, conducting interviews to understand the specific cable requirements of customers in each end market and how cable manufacturers meet those needs. Argus has also verified its assumptions with cable suppliers, including extensive interviews with Prysmian, the market leader. This report is also unique. There is no published data on speciality wire & cable; Argus has built up this knowledge through its own primary research. No other companies report on the speciality wire & cable market.
- Support business planning: what is the impact of end market trends on cable demand, historical and future?
- Identify growth opportunities in new end markets: which adjacent end markets can be entered?
- Understand how to win in target end markets: who are the major competitors and why are they valued by customers?
- Identify M&A opportunities: what is the sales value of companies by end market and region?
End markets covered
- Offshore oil and gas
- Military shipbuilding
- Merchant shipbuilding
- Rolling stock
- Wind power (turbine and tower)
- Port cranes
- Solar power
Data provided (for each end market)
- Cable requirements and specifications
- End use trends driving cable demand
- Cable point of consumption
- Route to market
- Cable consumption value by region (2011-2022); new build and MRO
- Cable production by country and company, 2019