ARGUS European Natural Gas
The Argus European Natural Gas service is renowned for providing unique perspective and expert insight on the European gas markets.
This daily service features key European gas prices and indexes; day-ahead and front-month UK National Balancing Point (NBP), TTF, Zeebrugge, Gaspool, NCG, Peg Nord, PSV, AOC, Belgian ZTP, Austria VTP, Czech Republic VTP, Slovak VTP, MGP (Hungary) and Turkey, accompanied by information about trading activity. It also covers UK and Dutch spark spreads.
All assessments are based on the best bid and best offer available at end of day, timestamp 4:30pm.
Contracts quoted include:
- Current month
- 1, 3, 5 months forward
- 9, 21 quarters forward
- 11 seasons forward
- 2 calendar years forward
- Daily European gas prices, including UK beach prices and extensive market commentary
- Insightful European gas news and analysis
- European spark spreads
- Exchange data
- European weather forecasts
- Market snapshots
- Robust, transparent methodology developed in consultation with the market
Data and downloads
This service features downloadable market data published in spreadsheet format, available only in the Argus Direct platform.
- Turkish gas consumption and imports
- LNG deliveries to Turkey
- Dutch gas output from Groningen and small fields
- Ukrainian gas consumption and imports
- Austrian gas and power supply and demand
- Gazprom export pipeline sales by country
- UK LNG imports and re-exports
- European gas consumption by country
- Italian power and gas data
- Norwegian LNG exports
- Slovak and Czech manufacturing output and gas consumption
- Hungarian gas demand and manufacturing data
- German manufacturing data, gas supply, demand and border prices
- Botas monthly balancing price
- Algerian gas fundamentals and exports
Customers that benefit
The Argus European Natural Gas service is a crucial tool for those operating within the European gas market, and allows clients to download selected market data to aid business processes. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Traders, brokers and other primary market participants use Argus prices to construct term financial agreements for fuel supply or power. These commercial teams rely on Argus throughout the trade, from pre-trade analysis to settlement prices for term delivery.
- Power generators use Argus when making construction and power-sourcing decisions and rely on Argus for fleet strategy decisions.
- Banks use Argus data and insights to value deals and construct sensible financial products.