ARGUS Base Oils
The Argus Base Oils service is your single, reliable source for weekly global base oil news, pricing and analysis.
The Argus Base Oils service includes the only publication to capture the full spectrum of base oils trade in the international market in a single report. This weekly service provides base oils spot prices, supplier posted prices and market analysis for all the key markets globally, as well as valuable price analytics information on market relationships on base oil premiums to VGO, crude, and gasoil.
- Northeast Asia
- India and UAE
- Europe and Turkey
- Russia and the FSU
- Weekly market spot price assessments and analysis for Group I, II and III base oils in key global markets
- Daily market-moving news with historical data
- Daily updates of forward curves and profit margins for base oils production
- Detailed economics and profitability data and analysis from a global leader in petroleum indexation
- Downloadable market data published in spreadsheet format available only in Argus Direct, which includes base oils plant maintenance and shutdowns and Japanese lubricants statistics
Customers that benefit
Every issue included as part of the Argus Base Oils service offers an overview of the week’s market activities, as well as detailed base oil price assessments and analysis for each of the main markets. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Base oil producers have the choice of spot or posted prices to negotiate the most market-appropriate contract or spot deal. Enhance production planning through superior market analysis of feedstock and competing fuel costs and transportation economics.
- Lubricant blenders can access valuable base oil market assessments by group, viscosity and region to negotiate the most market appropriate contract price. Key fundamentals data are used for signals on and to prepare for future changes in supply.
- Traders can gain a global overview of market fundamentals through detailed statistics on plant maintenance schedules and trade data, and spot regional opportunities by identifying different markets’ short or long positions.