Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves
The Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves service provides price transparency for companies involved in the marine fuels markets, which are about to undergo a fundamental shift ahead of the launch of new IMO regulations on sulphur content in marine fuel.
Companies active in energy commodities markets need accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are created from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. The Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves service provides deep market insights and data that will support precision in your risk management and benefit your bottom line.
- Gulf coast fuel oil 0.5%
- NY Harbor fuel oil 0.5%
- NY Harbor marine gasoil 0.5%
- NY Harbor residual fuel oil 1%
- Gulf coast residual fuel oil 3%
- Fuel oil 0.5% NWE
- VGO 0.5% NWE
- Marine gasoil 0.1% NWE
- Fuel oil high-sulphur cargo NWE
- Fuel oil low-sulphur NWE
- Fuel oil high-sulphur 380cst Singapore swap
- Singapore high-sulphur 380cst fuel oil bunker delivered
- Singapore low-sulphur fuel oil 0.5% bunker delivered
- Singapore marine gasoil 0.1% bunker delivered
- Zhoushan low-sulphur fuel oil 0.5% bunker delivered
- Daily assessments for multiple marine fuels, providing a rolling 24 months of monthly forward prices
- Time-stamped using the appropriate market’s daily settlement; Singapore, London, and New York
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Delivery options: Your choice of data feed, our third-party partners, Argus Direct, Excel Add-in, or email
How clients use our data
A proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Mark-to-market (MTM) accounting
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Deal valuation
- Regression analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Valuing option premiums associated with forward crude contracts
Customers that benefit
The Argus Marine Fuels Forward Curves service is essential for anyone with exposure to the global marine fuels market. Below are some examples of how some clients use this service:
- Vessel owners use our curves service to determine fuel costs and commitments for the coming fiscal year and to make informed hedging decisions when securing fuel supply.
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties, internal valuations, and for mark-to-market purposes for daily profit and loss assessments.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.