ARGUS Russian Fertilizer Netbacks
The Argus Russian Fertilizer Netbacks service is a weekly report published in Russian on the fertilizer market for the Former Soviet Union (FSU). Each release features price assessments for the fertilizers commonly used by Russian farmers, as well as industry news that may impact the market, analysis of fertilizer supply and demand in the key agricultural regions of Russia, and comments by market participants.
The Argus Russian Fertilizer Netbacks service contains an analysis of data on railway transportation to the various agricultural regions of Russia, an overview of tenders for fertilizer procurement invited by agricultural companies, data on distributors’ fertilizer stocks, and maintenance schedules at production facilities.
The publication features a calculation of netbacks for producers of fertilizers and sulphur in Russia and Kazakhstan, data on rates of transit via neighbouring states, the Russian Railways (RZD) tariff for transportation of fertilizers across Russia, lease rates for various types of railcars, transshipment costs at Black Sea and Baltic ports and other market indicators.
- Price assessments for ammonium nitrate, MAP and ammonium nitrate phosphate on a cpt Russian railway stations basis
- Data on fertilizer trade and fertilizer netbacks
- A weekly price review of the Russian and Ukrainian fertilizer markets and an overview of the market for rolling stock used for transporting fertilizers (published on a monthly basis)
- An overview of procurement tenders held by agricultural producers and trading companies
- Ammonium nitrate
- Urea ammonium nitrate (UAN)
- Ammonium sulphate
- Potassium chloride
Customers that benefit
The Argus Russian Fertilizer Netbacks service is a valuable tool to keep abreast of the prices of fertilizers used in Russia and the factors that influence these prices. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Fertilizer producers and suppliers in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and central Asia use our price assessments as reference prices in marketing their products, as well as for formula-based pricing.
- Agricultural producers rely on our price data when assessing their costs for fertilizer procurement.
- Transportation and logistics companies, stevedores and freight forwarders use our data to forecast the utilisation of their infrastructure and rolling stock load.
- Banking and financial analysts use the information to evaluate the investment appeal of the industry and market players to build financial models.
+7 495 933 75 71