ARGUS North American Heat Rate Curves
The Argus North American Heat Rate Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool used to support investment and trading decisions in power and natural gas markets across North America.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need the most accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are built from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. You can trust Argus' forward curves to provide deep market insights and data to support precision in your risk management and bottom line.
Our daily forward heat rates curves include:
- More than 70 major electricity hubs as a valued function of CME Henry Hub Natural Gas Futures
- Non-Nymex natural gas markets, including many North American natural gas trading hubs/markets
- On Peak, Off Peak and Round-the-Clock (RTC)
- Heat rate curves are quoted relative to Nymex natural gas plus over-the-counter (OTC) locations
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Delivery options, your choice: Data feed, our third-party partners or email
How clients use our data
We provide a proven, reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Independent evaluations
- Mark-to-market (MTM) validation
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Risk disaggregation
- In-house forward positions validation
Customers that benefit
The Argus North American Heat Rate Curves service is essential for anyone with exposure to North American natural gas and power markets. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties and internal valuations.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis when determining locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.