The global aromatics market is diverse and can be affected by a number of factors. Benzene is a highly traded and volatile commodity with a co-product nature – that includes styrene – and unpredictable supply worldwide. Meanwhile, the toluene and xylenes isomer markets are experiencing demand growth and potential oversupply.
But what factors are at play here, what risks might be involved, and how will you know what to look out for now and in the future?
With more than 185 combined years of global petrochemical experience, including more than 150 years directly in the aromatics consulting space, Argus’ experts will help you determine what trends to track and how to stay competitive in today’s ever-changing global markets.
Benzene is a highly traded and volatile commodity as a result of its co-product nature and unpredictable supply. Styrene, benzene’s largest derivative, represents about 50pc of global benzene demand. Anyone involved in the benzene industry – directly or indirectly – needs market and pricing insight in order to anticipate supply shortages and large swings in pricing.
Toluene and xylenesToluene and xylenes are highly traded commodities that create a lot of interest in the industry as a result of the various factors that affect demand growth. Outside of their relationship to gasoline markets, the major end-uses for these commodities vary across the world, from polyester fibres and food and beverage packaging to construction. Anyone involved in the toluene and xylenes industries – directly or indirectly – needs insight into how the toluene and xylenes markets can or will impact on their business, from raw material costs or as a price indicator for downstream products.
ARGUS Benzene Annual 2018
How are global operating rates for benzene expected to change through 2026, especially in light of declining supplies of extraction feeds? The newly released Argus Benzene Annual 2018 is your source for insight about global demand, production, supply and demand and more, covering the period 2013-22.
ARGUS Aromatics Consulting Services
Improve your understanding of the aromatics markets, from benzene and styrene to toluene and xylenes, and devise strategies for success with tailor-made research performed by Argus’ in-house aromatics experts.
- Obtain independent insights: The Argus Consulting Services team builds from the latest market data to provide unique insight.
- Get local and global perspectives: We provide “boots on the ground” knowledge gathered through our extensive local and global network of more than 75 dedicated consultants with experience across multiple industry sectors.
- Utilise our end-to-end viewpoints: Our consultants track feedstocks (such as gas, naphtha) and all key derivative products so that you have a completely integrated view of how your business fits into the marketplace.
- Data you can trust: Our forecasts are based on our comprehensive database of historical and current information and our daily engagement in the market. We do not purchase data, so our short- to long-term forecasts are more solid and dependable and are essential for quantifying investment risk for you.
- See scenario-based forecasts: We present you with scenario-based forecasts for supply, demand, and market prices so that investors can evaluate returns based on different potential future market directions. You also get to choose scenarios that you believe are most likely to occur.
- Find the answers you are looking for: Argus consultants advise you on how to formulate your strategies whenever and wherever you need it.
Key customisable features
- Market studies
- Price analysis and forecasting
- Supply, infrastructure and logistics strategy
- Investment and transaction support
- Policy and regulation
Global markets covered
- Energy and feedstocks
- Mixed xylenes
- Purified terephthalic acid (PTA)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Monoethylene glycol (MEG)
Customers that benefit
- Government agencies/regulatory bodies
- Professional services
- Investors/private equity
- Trading organisations/financial services