ARGUS Coal Transportation
The Argus Coal Transportation service is your trusted source for key coal logistics news, analysis and data.
Moving coal means being exposed to the opaque transportation markets, along with logistical challenges. The Argus Coal Transportation service provides insight that helps industry participants to deal with these issues, mitigating their exposure to risk.
Published weekly, the Argus Coal Transportation service provides market coverage of eastern and western US railroad transportation, river barge markets and seaborne coal trade. Subscribers gain access to proprietary data not available in any other publication, including freight rates, fundamentals data and other key metrics.
The Argus Coal Transportation service has a unique publishing schedule, with a rotating weekly focus covering four markets each month:
- US eastern rail
- US western rail
- US barge transportation
- International seaborne coal movements
- Rail transportation rates to east coast export terminals
- Access to barge rates and information on traffic movements to compare competing markets
- Seaborne freight rates and movements to Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Statistical analysis and news of coal-handling capabilities
- US export and import information
- Up-to-date coal production trends
Customers that benefit
The Argus Coal Transportation service gives you the information you need to move coal with confidence. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Traders use Argus Coal Transportation to make profitable deals by having the latest spot freight rates.
- Analysts keep abreast of industry trends and changing service conditions.
- Regulators can track railroad performance and better understand coal shippers’ concerns.
- Coal buyers compare delivered prices on a $/mmBtu basis to determine which basins provide the best prices for spot coal purchases, providing insight into the cheapest fuel options.