The Argus Nitrogen service is your trusted source for weekly worldwide developments in nitrogen fertilizers – urea, ammonium sulphate, ammonium nitrate and UAN.
This service provides intelligent and insightful analysis of key market developments, sales and international trade. Key prices for all the major nitrogen products in export and destination markets are updated weekly.
- Prilled urea
- Granular urea
- Ammonium sulphate
- Ammonium nitrate
- Market pricing for the main nitrogen fertilizer products
- Summary of key deals for the week
- The Argus Nitrogen Index, a global composite index including prices for ammonia, urea, UAN solutions, ammonium nitrate and ammonium sulphate
- Natural gas prices (Henry Hub and TTF month ahead)
- Producer commitment analysis
- Forward-looking analysis
- Historical data
- Freight economics
- Market news
- Key export and import data, and analysis of stock levels in key markets
- Market news and market-appropriate methodology
- Downloadable market data, including European urea imports, India urea tenders, US UAN imports and exports and US ammonium sulphate imports and exports
Customers that benefit
The Argus Nitrogen service subscribers include fertilizer producers, trading companies, importers and distributors, as well as buying agencies and financial analysts. Subscribers also include government agencies, financial institutions and agronomists around the world. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Producers and trading firms leverage Argus fertilizer pricing in the processing and procurement of raw materials and blending. Traders involved in the buying and selling of fertilizers use our price assessments when carrying out trades and contracts. Our price assessments provide domestic and international businesses with supply certainty at sustainable prices.
- Banks leverage our fertilizer pricing and analysis as they provide financing to businesses supporting the advancement of the agri-business.
- Co-ops and wholesalers sell large quantities of fertilizers to farmers and retail outlets and depend on our price assessments and market data, including transportation and logistical information.
- Retailers rely on our fertilizer pricing and market assessments for price negotiations in the distribution of products through domestic retail outlets.