ARGUS Marine Fuels Outlook
The Argus Marine Fuels Outlook is a quarterly service that provides news and insight, market fundamentals data and price forecasts for marine fuels two years ahead.
Argus’ global network provides coverage of all the latest developments as the market responds to the International Maritime Organisation’s 2020 sulphur mandate, Marpol. Updates on scrubber investments, refining announcements, enforcement procedures and port plans are reviewed by our team, using a range of proprietary tools to deliver actionable insights and analysis.
- North America
- South America
- Mideast Gulf
- Global price and crack spread forecasts in bunkering hubs
- Swaps and forward prices for key trading locations
- Data from our proprietary scrubber installation database
- Refining outlooks and capacity insight
- Twice-yearly marine fuel demand forecasts (fuel oil and marine gasoil)
- Trends in sweet-sour crude pricing differentials
- Up-to-date industry news and analysis
Customers that benefit
The Argus Marine Fuels service provides unique market data and intelligent analysis of the increasingly complex marine fuels market. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Shipowners and charterers can track the forecast price of various bunker fuels to aid decision-making processes.
- Marine fuel blenders and resellers can track the price of various bunker fuels to make the best planning decisions about their products and strategy.
- Marine fuel traders and brokers can rely on our data throughout the trade, from pre-trade analysis to settlement prices for term delivery.
- Analysts that need to stay on top of key market developments find our service an invaluable source of information.
- Financial institutions use Argus data and insights to value deals and construct sensible financial products.