ARGUS European Refined Products Forward Curves
The Argus European Refined Products Forward Curves service is a powerful, independent market valuation tool to support investment and trading decisions in crude oil markets across Europe and global futures benchmarks. This service complements North American and Asia-Pacific refined products curves subscriptions for a global risk management service at one location.
When participating in the energy commodities markets, you need the most accurate forward prices from a source without distortion or bias. Our clients act with confidence because our forward curves are created from unbiased, industry-specific methodologies with undistorted, fair market values. The Argus European Refined Products Forward Curves service provides deep market insights and data to support precision in your risk management and bottom line.
- Daily assessments for refined products pricing, providing monthly, quarterly and yearly granularity of forward prices
- Assessments reflect 16:30 London time
- Data includes four years forward
- Comprehensive swap differentials to Ice low-sulphur gasoil futures prices
- Independent and transparent market-appropriate methodology
- Your choice of delivery options: Data feed, our third-party partners or email
How clients use our data
We provide a proven reliable tool for analytical and risk-management processes, including:
- Independent evaluations
- Mark-to-market (MTM) validation
- Value-at-risk (VaR)
- Potential future exposure (PFE)
- Risk disaggregation
- In-house forward positions validation
Customers that benefit
The Argus European Refined Products Forward Curves service are essential for anyone with exposure to European products. Below are examples of how some clients use this service:
- Refineries use curves to inform hedging decisions when securing crude oil supplies and to analyse margins at their facilities.
- Risk managers use our forward curves data for unbiased, third-party curve validation against counterparties, internal valuations, and for mark-to-market purposes for daily profit and loss assessments.
- Traders rely on our extensive historical analysis to determine locational and temporal spread relationships and use prior-day curves on a daily basis as a reference when entering the market the following morning.