ARGUS MDX Monitor
Every year, Germany consumes over 13mn t of heating oil. Anticipating heating oil demand is notoriously difficult and at times seemingly impossible. The disruptive effects of over 1.2mn private households and their buying decisions are felt by refiners, traders and inland suppliers every year.
The Argus MDX Monitor service combines FCA truck spot-trading data from the most relevant storage facilities in Germany with tank level data from over 5,000 households. It is the only source of data available for estimating German heating oil demand.
- Unique tank sensor data from more than 5,000 households
- Transaction volumes collected in the FCA truck market
- Coverage across Germany’s 10 postal regions
- Weekly and monthly data updates
- FTP data feed delivery
Both datasets are conveniently segmented by Germany’s key regions, making them easy to compare and analyse. The service is a data feed, allowing you to manage the data intake efficiently and connect it directly to your own systems.
Customers that benefit
If you’re involved in buying, selling or trading heating oil in Germany, this new Argus data service will help you to make better informed decisions.
By better understanding demand, you’re able to estimate the potential for selling heating oil in each region of Germany. This unique insight will help you to maximise your bottom line by:
- Adjusting trading positions – increase or reduce the volumes of middle distillates you are buying or selling based on actual data.
- Optimising production runs – get the right balance between diesel and heating oil to ensure you are producing what your customers actually want.
- Modifying transport and storage logistics – know when tanks are full so you can ensure you have heating oil in the right locations to best serve your customers.
Argus MDX Monitor is the only tool in the market to provide this level of insight.