ARGUS Japan Utility Markets
Argus Japan Utility Markets provides high-quality, valuable insight into the Japanese power markets.
Access all the information you need in one place, including independent price assessments and expert market commentary for power, coal, LNG and more.
Register your interest today for a complimentary trial of this new service.
Take a trial
Argus’ comprehensive expertise across key markets in Japan — including thermal coal, LNG, natural gas, oil, biomass, emissions and freight markets — underpins the valuable insights provided in this service.
Our on-the-ground team of analysts in Japan ensure thorough coverage of the domestic markets, while our international team brings a global overview.
- Daily updates for Japanese power, LNG, coal, freight and oil, plus a weekly summary report
- Key independent price assessments
- Informative market analysis
- Latest news
- Insight into regulatory change
- Use Argus Direct to track key prices, set up customisable charts, news alerts and more
Argus assesses key prices for Japanese power and generation fuels to provide independent benchmarks. The service provides the following prices:
- Baseload and peak forward power prices for six months and three quarters for: Kansai, Tokyo
- JEPX day-ahead prices for all regions
- Thermal coal prices for: Australia, Indonesia, Russia
- Coal freight rates
- North East Asia LNG prices
- LNG freight rates
- JCC spot and forward prices
- Forward spark and dark spreads
Prices and news are available in real-time via Argus Direct, our interactive, customisable platform. A summary report is provided each week, offering an informative overview of all key developments for this market.
Customers that benefit
Argus Japan Utility Markets brings clarity to the Japanese power markets as they evolve, both for those in the country and for those seeking international opportunities.
Utilities benefit from our independent insights to best secure competitiveness and stable margins between power sales and fuel purchases. They use the reliable data and news to inform their analysis and risk processes.
Japanese trading houses use our prices and analysis to support effective decision-making when identifying and acting on trading opportunities in the physical and paper markets.
International traders benefit from our unique insight from Japan to gain clarity into the latest developments for the Japanese markets. They use the information to identify trading opportunities, secure physical positions and understand their customers’ requirements when negotiating.